Keeping Up with MyKugelhopf

After our celebration of Switzerland’s National Day here on August 1st, our travels led us to Appenzell. Many say this is a town where time has stood still. Coming up, I?ll report on the charm and very Swissness of the city (yes yes, and its cheese too!), so stay tuned. But first, a quick post about the opposite extreme – where time does anything but stand still. On some blogs, you may notice as many as 20 options to be notified about new posts (DIGG, Bloglines, Technorati, Newsgator, MyYahoo, etc). It’s pretty incredible, the speed at which information is being transmitted and shared, and to such vast amounts of people all across the world.

Subscription

Well, MyKugelhopf is keeping up with (most of!) this technology. Worry no longer about missing a new post! Some of you may already be a fan on MyKugelhopf’s Facebook page – feel free to add comments and photos there. You may have also noticed the new, colorful trio of icons over there on the right. Don’t be shy… go ahead, click on them! Many readers have asked me about the RSS feed, so that’s there now. Or feel free to sign up for an email notice as well: each time I post something new, you’ll be (one of) the first to know! And last but not least… MyKugelhopf is now on Twitter!

Which brings me to the last order of business. For all of you on Twitter, what would YOU like to see in MyKugelhopf’s Tweets? Please share below, and that’s what you shall see!  For example…

What’s baking in the oven here?  What’s doing in Zurich?  Fun articles on the web I’m reading?   What chocolate I’m tasting?  Travel plans?

Thanks for letting me know!  And as always, thanks so very much for following MyKugelhopf!

9 Responses to “Keeping Up with MyKugelhopf”

1. CatherineM. says:

I LOVE Appenzell! I’ve been there a few times to go hiking. I stayed with a family there, and they were all so lovely. I am green with envy!

PS I had been looking to see if you had a fan page on FB. I’m a FB addict, so this works better for me…I’ll always be kept up to date with your blog posts…

Hope you are doing well!

Catherine M….

2. Amy @ The Q Family says:

Welcome to Twitter. 🙂

I would love to hear about your adventures in Switzerland. Or twipic on your photo.

Nice! You have completely surpassed me. I’m stuck on email sign up only. I find it incredibly hard to keep everything else updated – Twitter and Facebook. Though no surprise there. 🙂

4. Danielle says:

It would be cool to see what you’re cooking/baking/eating, along with a twitpic (as Amy suggested above).

5. Scribetrotter says:

I would go for What I’m Baking Today or What I’m Eating Today… and of course make sure you use Twitterfeeds to feed each blog post automatically to Twitter – I do! 🙂

6. Aprille says:

Well once Twitter stops being freakish today I will be following you all the way. I would love to hear all of the above and you know, fun randomness is always welcome as well.

Hi Catherine ! Oooh, hiking in Appenzell sounds wonderful – definitely a perfect idea for a return visit for me. Thanks for your sweet note here – see you soon on Facebook then !

Amy and Danielle, you girls are a step ahead of me. twitpic ? oh my, not easy to keep up with all these options (right Julia?!), haha! And Scribetrotter – Twitterfeed too, ok, I’m taking notes from you all – thank you ! 🙂

Thanks again everyone – looking forward to being a part of Twitter. Fun randomness, adventures in Switzerland, what i’m cooking, baking and eating, and more… E N J O Y !!

Please feel free to comment on this post at any time with new ideas or themes you’d like to see on MyKugelhopf’s Twitter !

8. Danielle says:

Hi Kerrin, I for one am not that technologically advanced. I just saw that other people have added pictures using twitpic, and I thought it was neat. Here is the website if you are interested; it actually seems pretty easy: http://twitpic.com/

9. Kirstin Cattell says:

I would love to know your favorite spots among the many places you have traveled. And how do you pick a good spot to eat/snack when you are traveling? What are your expert tips?