Kugel-News: Sweet Tours (with me) in Zurich !

sweetzurich.ch

As you all know, my Zürich is sweet Zürich !  And from now on, I’ll be sharing this Zürich with you on a whole new level.   I’ll let my sweet tooth guide you on a tour around the charming old town to discover some of the city’s most irresistible sweets.  An original, fun and delicious way to visit Switzerland’s most happening city, and learn that it’s not only milk chocolate in the Alps.

Read on below – in this 200th post of MyKugelhopf ! – about the launch of … Sweet Zürich !  (information will always be available by clicking “Kugel-tours” above, beneath the masthead)

Sweet ZürichSweet Zürich, SwitzerlandSweet Zürich, SwitzerlandZürich, Switzerland

Of course I’ll tell you about the 175 year old renowned chocolate empire here, and point out plenty of well-known destinations along the way. But most of all, you’ll visit the sweet spots that aren’t in the guidebooks –  the ones that pass under the radar, yet are not to be missed. A special treat will be waiting for you at each address, so bring your cameras and your sweet tooth too. You’ll keep warm with a specially churned hot chocolate, get a behind-the-scenes look at the kitchen of the oldest bakery in town, savor a macaron or two, and discover the latest sugar craze here. You’ll also taste unique flavored truffles and bars, while of course learning about the history of and trends in chocolate in Zürich.

Sweet Zürich launches Friday, February 4th, and tours will be on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday afternoons at 2pm. Tours will stay small (2-5 people), last 2-2.5 hours and cost CHF 85 per person. Private and/or customized tours are available as well.

All you need are comfortable shoes and a love of sweets! Please e-mail me at kerrin@sweetzurich.ch for dates and availability.

~

Le Zürich de MyKugelhopf est ZÜRICH SUCRÉ !

Les tours de Zürich Sucré sont également proposés en français, donc n’hésitez pas à me contacter à kerrin@sweetzurich.ch si vous souhaitez un tour en langue française !

30 Responses to “Kugel-News: Sweet Tours (with me) in Zurich !”

1. Marion Fløysvik says:

Oh! That sounds lovely 🙂 I should try that when I’m in Zürich this summer 🙂 Your website is wonderful, by the way ^^

2. Tweets that mention Kugel-News: Sweet Tours (with me) in Zurich ! | MyKugelhopf -- Topsy.com says:

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by MeetaWFLH and Travel News, Claire McG. Claire McG said: RT @MyKugelhopf – get the day & week off to a sweet start: https://mykugelhopf.ch/2011/01/sweet-zurich/ #Zurich […]

3. Yeye says:

What a fabulous idea!!! I can’t wait to participate to the Kugel-tour and see, hear and share with you all your delighted sweet secrets in Zurich. Thanks so much!

4. Paule Caillat says:

Chère Kerrin,

Il était temps que tu organises ces visites. Si les miennes ont pu t’inspirer, tant mieux. En tout cas j’espère faire la découverte du “Sweet Zurich” avec toi bientôt.

Bisous,

Paule

5. Victoria (District Chocoholic) says:

This is such a great idea – best of luck with this business venture; I’m sure it will quickly become popular.

6. yohann says:

Great idea. I do hope to be able to join to one of these tours.

Marion, thank you thank you ! So glad you’ve been enjoying MyKugelhopf and that you’ll be heading this way this summer. Hope to meet you then. And at that time, the tour will have ice cream instead of hot chocolate ! =)

Yeye, can’t wait to have you on the tour as well, thanks !

Paule, quel plaisir de te lire ici. Merci mille fois, et oui – la première inspiration des Promenades Gourmandes en 2001 ! Sweet Zürich et moi t’attendons ici, bientôt je l’espère ! Bisous bisous.

Victoria, much appreciated. And as you said on Twitter, yes definitely – now to get you to Zürich ! 😉

yohann, thanks ! Me too, hope to see you soon.

8. sam sidney says:

I LOVE THIS IDEA! Wow Kerrin! way to go… I need to get on a Kugel-tour!
    This is an amazing wonderful concept… I am so impressed… but not surprised~

xo.

9. stéphanie says:

Très bonne idée. Je te souhaite beaucoup de succés!!!

Nifty idea – way to take advantage of all that’s outside your door. If I DO make it to Zürich, perhaps a “tour” could become more of a festive sweets-eating competition, i.e., who could devour more of the 175 year old renowned chocolate empire… and not get sick!? You’re on!

Happy 200th post as well 🙂

sam, thank youuuuuuu ! You definitely do – this summer when the Sidneys do Switzerland ! =)

Stéphanie, merci beaucoup !!

Emma, thanks, double time. When you *do* make it here, I may be too shy to take you up on that competition though. I have a feeling you’d take me down in no time…. 😉

12. Jamie says:

Yay for you! Now another reason (did I need another reason) to get my tushy to Zurich!

13. Akila says:

Yay, how wonderful! We’re going to be in Zurich in August/September so we’ll definitely plan to do this. 🙂

14. Andrea M. says:

Ahhhh……that sounds DEVINE and LOVELY. Hmmm, shall I forgo my kids carpool, recitals, soccer games, homework assignments and house cleaning and hop on a plane and come over?

Really fun. Not so much here.

Enjoy!!!!!!

Looking forward to more blogging,

Andrea

15. Amanda says:

Fantastic news, Kerrin. I wish you all the best!! How exciting!!

CONGRADS TO YOU ON YOUR SWEETZURICH TOURS!!!!!!! i can’t wait to take a tour and taste all the treats along the way. I know that your tours will be such fun. I will be there in July so save a place for me….how about iced chocolate….

Jamie, that list of yours is getting awfully long… 😉

Akila, oh yay ! So excited to finally meet in the fall. How long will you be in Zürich, and where else will you be going ? Do tell ! =)

Andrea, shall you forgo all that ? Um… yes. Temporarily that is 😉 Or take them (and it all) with you !! Thanks for the fantastic comment, as usual.

Amanda, thank you thank you ! But what would make it even more exciting, is if you and Isaiah were still here to do a tour with me too ! Hope all is well across the Atlantic.

Lani, a BIG thank you ! July it will be, excellent. And definitely no more hot chocolate then. Iced chocolate, hmmm, sure sounds good to me !

18. Valentina says:

Well, must start planning.fab news

19. Kristin says:

Sounds wonderful!

20. Caroline says:

That’s a fantastic idea, Kerrin! Even though I live here and have quite a sweet tooth, I am sure that you know great places I haven’t been to. I will find out if some of my friends are interested too and we will sign up! Can’t wait!

Fantastic!!! When I head to Zurich, your Kugel-tour will be top of my list to do – after seeing you, of course. What a great idea. I love the fact the smaller, less known sweet spots will be shared by you. It’s easy to visit all the typical places, but I love finding those spots only the locals know about. Great idea. I hope you are rushed off your sweet feet!!!!

Valentina, absolutely ! Até logo =)

Kristin, thanks !

Caroline, fabulous !! Looking forward to meeting you and your friends, and going around the old town together. If you have a group, send me an email and we can put together a private tour for you all. Even if you have already been to any of the places, you’ll see them in a new way and get to meet the people there on a different level. Can’t wait !

Julia, I hope so too ! =) Thanks, and I definitely can’t wait for you to make it to Zürich, the list will be long of sweet things to do… starting with the Kugel-tour of course !

23. Marlen says:

Congratulations, Kerrin!
    I really admire you for turning passions into professional pursuits.
    Can I sign up for coming Friday, Feb 4? This would be my early B-Day gift to myself 😉

24. Benjamin says:

This sounds great! Really hope to participate soon.

25. katy says:

What a great idea, Kerrin! I’d love to attend, will have to find a way before we move back (August.) Congrats on your new venture and good luck!

Marlen, thank you so very much. And… bis Freitag ! =)

Benjamin, thanks – and me too !

katy, thank you !! But… moving back ?? I better get to Luxembourg before that then ! 😉 Hope you’ll be able to join us for sure. Oh… guess what I’m having for lunch today – the corn soup from your blog, yummm.

27. Tammie Dooley says:

SWEET!! what a great idea. and the perfect person for such an undertaking could not have been invented, than you. I only wish I lived closer. 🙁

Tammie, thank you thank you !! Wish you lived closer too – or at least had a trip planned to the Alps. Don’t you want to compare mountains ? 😉

29. Akila says:

Kerrin – For some reason, I never looked back at this comment . . . silly me. Anyhow, we’re not exactly sure when we’re going to be in Zurich but we’re bringing our dogs with us in the end of July to Europe and roaming around the continent for 15 months or so. Our plan is to drive through Zurich, spending possibly two weeks in that area, before heading down to Italy. I will definitely let you know once we are closer to that time because I want to meet up and take your sweets tour!

Akila, no worries =) I was just excited about your trip – which I am even more excited about now, WOW ! 15 months did you say ? Niiiice. Whenever you start planning the Swiss part of that outrageous adventure, do drop me an email. If you have any questions or want ideas for your itinerary, just let me know. Can’t wait to finally meet !