The Salon du Chocolat is Coming to Switzerland !

It’s all just too exciting, so I’ll simply come out and say it: the Salon du Chocolat, the world’s largest event dedicated to chocolate, will be taking place in Switzerland for the first time !  Better yet, it will be here in Zürich (at Messe Zürich) from March 30 to April 1, 2012.  Mark your calendars for a sweet event not to be missed !

Salon du Chocolat, Zürich, Switzerland ~ March 30 - April 1, 2012
And guess what else… I’m helping organize it !!  I’m thrilled to be working again with Salon du Chocolat founders Sylvie Douce and François Jeantet and their team in Paris.  (I worked with them on the New York Chocolate Show when living there several years ago.)  The Salon du Chocolat is now in cities as far as Tokyo, Moscow and even Cairo.  Time to bring it to Switzerland, arguably the chocolate capital of the world !  As you all know, I attend the Salon du Chocolat in Paris every year, sharing a roundup of my favorite tastes and sweet discoveries at the show.  Now I’ll be looking forward to reading *your* roundups of what *you* enjoyed at the Zürich show.

I’ll post more about it in the new year and give you exciting updates about the show, including chocolatiers who will be exhibiting, pastry chefs who will be doing demos and more.  And once the Salon du Chocolat Zürich website is live, you’ll always be able to find the link to it on this page. [ here ! ]

So… who’s coming ?  =)

24 Responses to “The Salon du Chocolat is Coming to Switzerland !”

1. Hilda says:

Yeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssss!!!
    I will be there.
    That is all.

2. mayssam @ Will Travel for Food says:

Yaaay!! Such sweet news!! It will be the best Salon du Chocolat ever with someone like you organizing it!! Note to self: start looking into plane tickets to Zurich in April! 😉

3. Silvia says:

Oh yes. That’s a must!

4. Jenn says:

so cool!! I will be there!!!

5. Caroline says:

Moi moi moi!!! It is very exciting. I definitely won’t miss this!

6. Jack says:

Nice…especially since it will be just a few short steps away from us! Looking forward to finding out more…

7. mom says:

YES! This will be the best chocolate show of all! I have been to NY and Paris and now I will add Zurich! I can’t wait to see all the best chocolatiers displaying all their fabulous chocolates. The best of the best.
    The best of all is you being the greatest organizer of all to make this event a great success!!!!

8. Bria @WestofPersia says:

I LOVE the idea of making the rounds of the different chocolate shows. Thanks for the inspiration, and good luck organizing the event. It sounds fabulous!

Hilda, Mayssam, Silvia, Jenn and Caroline… F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C ! Thanks ladies, see you all in March 2012 !! =)

Jack, see you there too for sure ! You won’t have to travel far with all those kilos of chocolate you bring home from the show 😉

mom, three time’s a charm ! You will soon be an expert on the Salon du Chocolat – Paris, New York… and next Zürich ?!

Bria, thank you so much !

In my mind you are sitting at a giant desk with massive stacks of papers, towering mountains of information on all the chocolatiers and chocolate makers out there surrounding you. And in my mind, everything is made out of chocolate, of course. How that choc-ablock desk stays together under the weight of those sheaves of chocolate paper, I can’t say.

I’m sure it will be fantastic !

Well, they certainly have picked the right person for the job. I mean, who else in Switzerland would be any more perfect for the job of organising this delicious event?

So wish I wasn’t a million miles away to be able to enjoy this inaugural event. But sort of surprised it’s taken so long to get there. So agree that Switzerland is probably the chocolate capital of the world.

Anyway, well done on securing the project. Sure will be a success, I’m sure. I

n the meantime, I hope you share with your readers, some of the great chocolatiers, suppliers and other events that you’ll have in store for all visitors? And of course, a shining round up of the event, too! 🙂

12. Silvia says:

Saw you in Züritipp.. congrats, and what a surprise to see you there, when I opened Züritipp.ch

13. Sarah says:

I soooo hope I’ll be able to attend! I sounds fantastic!

14. Elisa says:

Are you kidding? I’m there.

Emma, thanks !! Just wish I were typing away on my chocolate keyboard as I read your chocolately comment ! 🙂 So fun.

Julia, merci mon amie ! I too wish you weren’t a gazillion miles away. But of course you’ll be able to follow along with the sweet updates and I’ll do whatever I can to make you feel like you are there with us !

Silvia, YAY ! So exciting to be in Züritipp, and super cool that you saw it, thanks ! =)

Sarah, great ! I hope so too !

Elisa, haha ! Awesome.

16. Ingrid says:

What a treat. I visited the Salon du Chocolat in Paris in October and ate my way through the entire show. Needless to say I did have a lot more practice than my friends who accompanied me to the exhibition. Check out the photos on my Paris blog: http://expatwithkidsinparis.blogspot.com/2011/10/day-without-chocolate-is-day-without.html
    Good luck with the organization. I’m sure you’ll do a fantastic job!
    Bisou from Paris, Ingrid

17. Yvonne says:

Fantastic. I lived several years in Tokyo and always attended the Salon du Chocolat there, where you met all the famous Chocolatiers, Jean-Paul Hevin, Pierre Hermé, Pierre Marcolini and last but not least, Christine Ferber with the best Confiture of the world. Wonderful news that Salon du Chocolat is coming to Zurich. Hope I can see some of them there. Wish you all the best with the organisation.

18. Goetz says:

I’ll check it out!

BTW, great blog, love your enthusiasm and your pictures! What camera do you use?

Ingrid, thanks so much for sharing your post on the Paris Salon du Chocolat – oooh, looks like I missed some goodies there this year. Great photos and thanks for the *sweet* comment !

Yvonne, thank you, hope you’ll be able to come to the Salon du Chocolat here in Zu?rich too ! Very cool that you got to meet those famous chocolatiers and even the Queen of Jam, Christine Ferber ! There will be lots of exciting Swiss artisans at the show next year too, I can’t wait myself !

Goetz, danke ! I use a Canon G10, simple point and shoot, does the job. 😉

20. Valerie says:

Fab fab fab….after introducing me to the delights of Felchlin chocolate (a trip to their factory shop resulted in my family furious with me – normal chocolate doesn’t do it for them anymore), I cannot wait for this event to take place – no doubt I will be bringing a few other people with me but COUNT ME IN!!!!

21. Nina says:

VERY exciting! I know the show will be grrrreat because you have vision and you love chocolate! I wish we could be there to see you and sample the all the sweets!

22. Ruth says:

I will come – I love to cook such things!

23. Thanh @ eat, little bird says:

Oh how exciting!! Dates now marked in my diary 🙂

24. Mike says:

Great Kerrin, thanks for sharing, I am so excited for this event, going to be some perfect sourcing for the business and upcoming Supper Clubs!